- Impactful CEO opportunity
- Australian travel and tourism
- Melbourne based
Opportunity to lead a nationwide organisation through significant growth.
Our client is a well-established Australian player in the local travel and tourism sector. With a strong brand and significant opportunity to grow, this role represents an exciting opportunity to take the next step in your career.
Reporting to the Board, your role will be to deliver and contribute a clear strategic plan and to continue to increase customer loyalty and growth. The role will involve:
- Leadership of the executive team including Operations, Sales, Technology and Digital, Marketing, Finance, HR
- Ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the overall operation
- Promote and coach an exceptional team culture
- Ensure the organisation's values and mission are upheld
- Provide the Board with accurate and timely reporting.
- Regular budget monitoring and profit and loss responsibility
- Build strong relationships with key external stakeholders including franchise members and customers
- Planning: establishment of best practice accounting policies and procedures, drive and implement a robust business planning framework
- Financial information: Prepare and disseminate financial reports, analysis and commentary to the business
- Reporting: assist with organisational planning and commercial decision making by providing appropriate, timely and insightful financial information
- Business Support: work with the leadership team, to analyse operational performance and identify opportunities for improvement, cost reduction and systems enhancement
- Risk Management: perform risk management by analysing the organisation's liabilities and investments and understand and mitigate key elements of the risk profile
- Strong knowledge of tourism and travel or consumer services will be an advantage and experience working with franchises or membership-based organisations at a senior or executive level will be well regarded
- You will have experience working with diverse, and at times, complex stakeholders including government, Board, industry groups and members to achieve positive outcomes
- You will have had experience driving significant business strategy, digital transformation and marketing with a digital focus. You have worked with organisations with a strong brand and a reliance on technology as sales platform. You will have developed loyalty and customer retention strategies as part of your business plans
- Key to your success will be the ability to engage and develop the team, encouraging them to higher levels of performance. You will have a history of leading positive change delivering sustainable, profitable growth as an outcome
Please refer to the above section regarding the requirements of the role. If you feel there is a fit, please provide a CV and follow prompts to apply. Questions or queries can be directed to Alice Chien from Six Degrees Executive on 03 8613 3563.