About the company
Our client is an Australian Retail / Consumer Goods /E Commerce player and a market leader and innovator in their category. With an established local retail footprint in the Australian market, their growth is signficant through e-commerce channels and predominantly through the Asia Pacific region, namely China with its demanding appetite for Australian made products. With a unique product range of leading brands, as well as portfolio of their own established brands, the business has experienced phenomenal growth over the past few years. The company sells market leading products, cleverly positioned at the right price points, combined with quality, convenience and high levels of service as well as a unique path to market in China via the likes of social platforms. Core to the success of the organisation is the entrpreneurial culture, and access to investment and capital to fuel the growth.
About the role
Reporting to the Board, the CEO will have full P&L responsibility of this business across domestic and international markets.
As part of this role the CEO will be responsible for:
- Working with the Chair and board in the development and roll out of the strategy
- Leading all functions including HR, Marketing, Operations, Procurement, Finance
- Driving commercial and operational improvement across the business
- Supporting the international growth in China
Experience & Skills
To ensure your success in this role, you must present with:
- General Manager or a COO ready to step up (must have managed multiple functions)
- Has worked or lived in China (or had signficant business dealings in China)
- Experience gained within a branded consumer goods or retail environment
- Experience in e-commerce
- Strong financial acumen
- Energy, cultural fit (forward, driven, fast, outcome based) and entrepreneurial
- Proven ability to influence at all levels and build strong working relationships with key stakeholders locally and globally
- Strong leader who can drive a performance culture with accountability
- Degree qualified
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a highly unique consumer goods business that is disrupting their market.
This role is Sydney based.
If this sounds like it's for you, then we would love you to push the 'Apply Now' button to forward your CV. You can also contact Nick Hindhaugh on 03 8613 3522 for a confidential discussion. Thank you.