This Australian FMCG organisations is one of the most unique players within their category. They have a long history and a well established head office in Brisbane where they are currently working on a refreshed business strategy, including their positioning and go to market plan. The Executive team are impressive and come from varied backgrounds bringing true diversity to the group. With a strong culture focused on people, our client is looking for a high calibre Chief Supply Chain Officer join the growing Executive team.
Transform a relatively unsophisticated however complex Supply Chain that can take up to 4-5 years. Manage and review what is an extremely high cost base due to the complexity and give the business visibility of the commercials of running product through the supply chain. This will enable the business to make commercially sound decisions in relation to COGs, margin, pricing or even what product to pull through the supply chain. Currently, margin is being eroded daily due to the lack of insight into what an optimized supply chain looks like to meet the needs of an evolving business.
Currently a push model and really need this to transformed into a pull model where the Commercial team can operate in an unconstrained environment and focus on growing margin. This role will have accountability of the Supply Chain of the business which includes the financials right through to the management of the relationships of operations, processing plants, product and packaging innovation, logistics, planning (S&OP) and customer experience, QA and Inventory Management.
There is limited capability throughout the organization in any of these areas to drive truly commercial decisions for the Supply Chain as well as a lack of systems and processes to support this. It is ultimately a brownfield supply chain that needs to be stripped back and rebuilt.
What does success look like
- Cost out of the business
- Visibility of cost to serve to drive commercial business decision
- Innovative ideas - greater utilization of product that leads to margin growth -(circa $30 - $40M opportunity)
- Implementation of an integrated business planning process that enables the business to be more customer centric. Also enables the stronger communication and collaboration between departments.
- Strong commercial negotiations with all partners and suppliers to allow for further investment into the Supply Chain
- Stronger control around compliance and regulatory requirements - Brand protection
- Very successful track record of delivering cost out savings
- Experience within the agriculture industry and understand complexity of the supply chain
- Product Development/Innovation Value - how to commercialise opportunities that exist within the supply chain
- International cold chain management both warehouse and transport
- Self-auditing, external auditing and quality
- FSQA experience
- Strong inventory and warehouse management experience
- Integrated Business Planning and S&OP experience
- Strong people management in an environment that lacks capability
To apply for this role click the Apply Now button or for a confidential discussion please call Jonathan Hall on (07) 3153 9903