About the company
My client is a premium Conference and Events venue located in the heart of Melbourne's sporting precinct and has a rich and colorful history dating back to 1909.
They have a range of different venue options on site and can cater for a multitude of different event types both large and small.
About the role
As the Client Relationship Manager of Conference & Events you will be responsible for acquiring and converting
Conferences & Events within the main events venue in the precinct. In this role you will be expected to demonstrate
a strong customer focus, whilst maintaining a portfolio of managed corporate accounts, acquiring new clients
and seeking new business opportunities.
You will report directly to the Sales Manager of Conferences and Events and working closely with the
Sales Team. The role will be responsible for responding to event enquires,
preparing proposals, conducting site inspections, converting leads and preparing contracts.
In the role you will be expected to meet and exceed individual financial targets and sales related KPIs, to grow and expand the business into new markets and to enhance the experience of our existing clients.
Skills & Experience
- Knowledge and passion of the Business Events Industry
- Experience working with clients within conferencing, banqueting or business events industry
- Willingness to learn about industry trends and how to incorporate these into the business
- Ability to work with clients and stakeholders to actively convert sales leads
- Strong relationship building skills and proven ability to build new client relationships
- Ability to seek out new opportunities and develop new business
- Good understanding of clients' needs, drivers and decision-making process
- Excellent communications skills
- Prposal presentation experience
- Proven negotiation skills and ability to close deals
- Have a strong drive, high energy and motivation to succeed.
- Strong time management and planning skills
- Work with a highly supportive, realistic, and engaged leadership team
- Fun, supportive and collaborative team
- Attractive remuneration package on offer
- Premium venue and fantastic place to work
- Genuine and exciting long-term career opportunties
- Discounted event tickets and a range of other perks
How to apply
If you feel you are a good fit then please click on the apply button and upload your resume for immediate consideration or should you wish to have a confidential career discussion, reach out to Michael Gioseffi at Six Degrees Executive on 0410907054
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.