About the Company
Our client is a highly successful food manufacturing business with a reputation for quality within their range of trusted brands and a vision to be market leaders in the product segments and markets that they play in.
About the role
Reporting to the cold store manager, the cold store operations coordinator is responsible for overseeing all inbound, storage and dispatch functions for a regional cold store facility. In this highly autonomous role, your key accountability will include:
- Managing the receipt, storage, and timely dispatch of a medium SKU count product range to maximise fill rates and customer service levels.
- Liaise with 3PL clients on a regular basis
- Initial and ongoing training and development of casual staff, including site occupational health & safety.
- Interact with truck drivers and control movements whilst on site.
- Ensure cold chain compliance via the checking of temperatures of both inbound and outbound freight.
- Ensure cold chain compliance
Skills & experience
The successful candidate will be an experienced warehousing or distribution professional ideally from the Cold store or Cold Chain space. You will have a demonstrated track record of success in a highly autonomous role, and the ability to form strong working relationships with small teams on site. SAP WMS experience is a necessary requirement to undertake this position.