Our client is a highly regarded, peak association for healthcare in Victoria, who provides advice and advocacy and supports healthcare providers across the state. They also lobby for positive policy changes at state and federal level and have a dedicated Communications and Policy team to drive these changes to better health services for every Victorian. They are currently looking to expand their team and are seeking a talented, experienced Communications Adviser to join them.
The Communications Adviser is a key member of the team, there to support senior and executive management in the development and distribution of communications designed to engage internal and external stakeholders including their membership base. Also responsible for driving their online presence to increase stakeholder engagement in line with the organisation's governance and compliance. The Communications Adviser will have the opportunity to further build the media networks in both healthcare and mainstream media and pitch stories which highlight current healthcare conditions in Victorian hospitals. The role has a strong content focus and an opportunity to develop strategy.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will have high level communications experience and the ability to work autonomously. You will also have:
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, journalism or public relations
- Experience advising senior and executive managment on key communications issues
- Extensive experience developing content for a wide range of channels and audiences
- Knowledge of the Victorian media landscape
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Strong online communications skills
- A can do attitude - be willing to get your hands dirty!
- A strong interest in public health and making a difference to all Victorians
This is a non-profit organisation with strong government relationships. There is generous salary packaging available.
Click on the Apply Now button, or for a confidential conversation, please contact Lyndsey Walker on (03) 8613 3518.