Our client is a service delivery organisation based in the inner suburbs who have a recent mandate of driving customer service and setting the bar for delivery of programs to the wider community. They pride themselves on consistently developing better ways of communicating their news, and on community engagement. They are culture focused and have a talented team of marketing and communications professionals. An opportunity exists to lead this team and deliver innovative marketing and communications activities for a 12 month term.
The Communications and Engagement Manager is responsible for managing a team of communications, community engagement, marketing, brand and media professionals. With a focus on major project delivery, the development of brand framework as well as both internal and external communications and media, the role requires someone who thrives in fast paced, complex environments. A key stakeholder role, there is a large focus on delivering best practice communications across the organisation and setting the strategy for external communications delivery, in addition to identifying events and sponsorship opportunities.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, the Communications and Engagement Manager will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications or similar field
- Proven experience managing mid sized teams of high performing staff
- A track record of developing and implementing communications strategies
- A strong understanding of community engagement principles and project management
- Experience developing a business partner model for an organisation to work more effectively
- The ability to work across complex stakeholder environments
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to advise senior and executive stakeholders on communications activities
- An understanding of events and sponsorship
- Built media networks in the Victorian market
This role is a 12 month fixed term contract. You must be able to start work at the beginning of May to be considered.
Please press the Apply Now button, or for a confidential discussion, please contact Lyndsey Walker on (03) 8613 3518.
Six Degrees are the retained partner on this assignment. All applications sent to our client will be forwarded for consideration.