- Full time 12-month Fixed-Term Contract | Immediate Start
- Internal & External Communications role in Not-for-profit
- South Melbourne location | Attractive salary package
Immediate start (this side of the holidays) for this full-time 12-month fixed term contract role in South Melbourne coordinating internal and external communications. Can you start ASAP?
About the Company
Our client is a leader and innovator in the provision of services to the community. Melbourne City Mission supports thousands of Victorian people and communities to overcome barriers and disrupt disadvantage to live their life, their way. As a service provider Melbourne City Mission's work is focussed on supporting people to take charge of their own lives and participate fully in community life. Melbourne City Mission's service profile includes: Children, Youth, Adult and Family; Disability; Employment, Education and Training; Homelessness; Justice; and Palliative Care. Our client is looking for someone who has a passion for helping people, is a strong writer with a background in both internal and external communications. Join this amazing team to drive forward communications plans and strategies to champion the growth of an organisational culture that strongly aligns with their values and mission.
About the Role
This full-time 12-month fixed term contract position is located in South Melbourne. Our client is looking for someone who can start as soon as possible - ready to support lots of activity from early 2020! The Communications Coordinator works as part of the Communications & External Affairs team to deliver agreed communications plans and strategies, with a particular focus on internal communications, social media and PR activities. Demonstrated copywriting experience is integral to this role to develop content for internal and external audiences. You need to be flexible, collaborative, and be able to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Develop and implement communications plans and schedules to support key internal and external projects
- Copywrite and prepare engaging internal and external content for online and offline publication; including organisational correspondence, social media content and presentations
- Develop their intranet (Sharepoint) and internal social enterprise network (Yammer) platforms for internal communications, including planning and creating engaging content to support organisational and project objectives
- Provide communication support for events, media and PR activities. Basic skills for coordination and delivery of video content and desktop publishing would be an advantage.
Skills & Experience
- Must have great writing skills for both internal and external communications
- Degree and/or background in Communications, Marketing, or Journalism
- Strong stakeholder management and organisational skills, adept at developing relationships across all levels of an organisation
- Experience in internal communications desirable
- 3+ years-experience in a communications role, preferably with exposure to employee and change communications
- Collaborative, flexible, team player with fantastic stakeholder management
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Katie Newman on (03) 8613 3599 for a confidential discussion.
Six Degrees are the exclusive partner for this assignment, all third party applications will be sent to Six Degrees for review.