About the Organisation
Our client is a large not for profit, faith-based organisation that's purpose is to serve the community through evangelisation, education and social services.
The organisation is well regarded in NSW and has a mission to work alongside local people from all walks of life, as well as organisations committed to enhancing the way of life enjoyed by the local community.
The organisation is now undertaking a search to secure a Director of Communications, an extremely high profile and critically important function within the structure.
About the Position
The key focus of the position is to support the team of executives through offering strategic leadership in Communications, ensuring consistent messaging in line with the organisations core mission and values. To achieve this the Director of Communications will drive communications strategy and lead each of the communications teams in each of the organisations three arms. The Director of Communications will also oversee organisation wide communications functions including public relations, issues and media management, creative vision, branding and image (within the context of the relevant arm of service delivery)and stakeholder engagement and management.
Key to the success of the role
- Maintain a strong mission identity
- Commitment to the goals and values of the organisation
- Trusted advisor and confidant to the organisation's leader
- Develop and deliver the organisations overarching Communications Strategy
- Contemporary communications including digital communications, social media, video graphing and story telling
- Positive internal and external stakeholder engagement
- Effective media relations
- Proactively build a positive and constructive culture
- A thorough knowledge of relevant legislative requirements and their impact on communications
- Proven track record at a senior level in public/media relations, communications, journalism, marketing, or public administration
- Proven track record in the development and successful implementation of strategy across a complex organisation
- Background in managing internal as well as external communications.
- Inspirational leader who can provide leadership in a large, complex and diverse organisation
- Tertiary qualified in one of the related areas
- Ideally you will have a sound understanding of Catholicism
- This organisation is purpose led, dynamic, rewarding and forward thinking
- This is your opportunity to develop and deliver a strategic communications plan that supports the purpose led nature of the organisation
- Work with a group of committed, well educated and highly commercial individuals internally as well as partnering organisations and all walks of life in the community
How to apply
Please contact Rachel Shermer at Six Degrees Executive for a completely confidential conversation on 0426 267 515 or click Apply Now