About the company
Kids Under Cover is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to preventing youth homelessness. They are a charity organisation in Australia supporting vulnerable young people between the ages of 12 and 25 years who are either already homeless or at risk of homelessness.
They do this by providing studio accommodation and education scholarships. They believe stable accommodation and education help young people stay connected to their family, to education and with their community.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Communications Lead is responsible for the sound delivery of all communications, content, and community engagement campaigns. The role is required to deliver consistency in brand identity, lead content development projects and develop standards of best practice within the organisation.
- Develop and implement a content strategy that supports messaging initiatives across Marketing & Fundraising, Advocacy, Programs, Nestd and Stakeholder engagement.
- Develop creative, well-considered content (including emotional stories, factual information, program information, opinion pieces) for a range of channels with other team members.
- Project manage and lead content development, including copywriting, for all materials and publications including newsletters, annual report, annual appeals, brochures, fact sheets, speeches, press releases and case studies.
- Develop the Youth Ambassadors Program, identifying and managing relationships with young people we support to become ambassadors for Kids Under Cover.
- Support the execution of Kids Under Cover's Advocacy and Thought Leadership strategy in conjunction with communications agency.
- Monitor the media for issues important to Kids Under Cover
- Write and contribute to Government submissions in partnership with Kids Under Cover team members.
Skills & Experience
As an accomplished communications professional you will have demonstrated experience in a similar role, driving communications and content activities within the community services and non-profit sector. You will be an exceptional copy writer, with broad content strategy and execution experience. You understand how to work with and represent young people who are vulnerable and at risk.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Kids Under Cover's professional, friendly and supportive team. Kids Under Cover is located in close proximity to public transport links along with a variety of employee benefits such as, regular social gatherings, ongoing training and development and opportunity for flexible working arrangements.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Lauren Madden at Six Degrees Executive on (03) 8613 3547 for a confidential discussion.
Six Degrees Executive are proudly the retained partner for this talent search assignment.