About the company
My client is a leading Australasian timber products manufacturing business. Timber manufacturing is a carbon negative industry. For every cubic metre of dry finished timber produced, 699 kg of carbon dioxide is drawn from atmosphere and retained in the timber over its entire lifetime. Aligning the business with forest resources enables the company to have a long-term committed approach to its business and customers.
The business understands their most important assets are their people and so they invest heavily in them. They make sure they have the technical expertise to keep up-to-date with industry developments as soon as they happen. Of the 550 people they employ, over 500 are employed in regional communities within Australia and New Zealand. They take this responsibility seriously, understanding their company's success is inextricably linked to regional communities remaining strong.
About the role
The Communications Specialist is responsible for initiating, developing and managing the business's marketing communications. The role will work closely with the Sales and Marketing teams and have key focus on developing the company's digital presence including digital and website management, and content generation. You will be:
- Responsible for internal communications, such as company's intranet and employee newsletters
- Provide creative public relations services for the business
- Liaises and develop relationships with various external stakeholder audiences, e.g. relevant media and industry groups,
- Assist with managing marketing budget, working closely with third party graphic designers to ensure effective communication materials are developed.
- Develop and manage the quarterly newsletter in terms of story content and production
- Create web content and video content for all forms of digital communications including the website, EDM's, SEO, and social media.
- Write speeches, letters or drafts of articles and develop forward calendar and content for regular LinkedIn Posts and EDM's
Skills & Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in journalism, communications, public relations, or a related area
- 5+ years communications experience writing web, media releases and copy writing
- 3+ years digital marketing experience managing social media and content creation preferred
- Excellent written communications skills, with key attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills and ability to liaise with people at all levels
- Experience managing projects and meeting deadlines
- Industry and timber experience is desirable
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Maisie Sheffield at Six Degrees Executive on (03) 8613 3535 for a confidential discussion.
Six Degrees Executive are proudly the retained partner for this talent search assignment.