headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds, along with assistance in promoting young peoples' wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services. By 2019, headspace will have 110 centres nationally and has to date, provided over 2 million services to Australia's youth. To ensure the ongoing effectiveness of their Marketing and Communications team, there are several new opportunities to join headspace as part of their team expansion.
The Communications Specialist is a pivotal role within the Strategic Communications Division, responsible for developing and delivering best-practice internal communications for headspace nationally. The role has a wide audience, through head office, the headspace centre network, the Primary Health Networks and peak health bodies. It requires consistent consultation to ensure the right messaging is being delivered. You will be required to develop innovative communications materials for both traditional and digital channels in addition to copywriting for the Communications, Marketing and Fundraising teams.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, marketing, journalism or similar experience
- Track record of delivering internal communications in complex organisations
- The ability to identify innovative new channels to encourage engagement
- Exceptional written communications skills, including copywriting and editing
- A background working with large stakeholder groups to deliver successful communications
- Design skills (Adobe Suite) would be advantageous
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task
- A can do attitude!!
Please click the Apply Now button or call Lyndsey Walker on 03 8613 3518 for a confidential conversation.