Our client is a major player in the Energy Sector within Australia. They are going through a major period of growth and transformation, and as such they are seeking to recruit an experienced Connections Manager.
You will be responsible for evaluating the connection and construction feasibility of new infrastructure projects. This will involve assessing regulatory requirements and compliance of new connections from initial enquiry through to delivery. You will also lead the coordination of technical solutions and business case development for clients, in what is a very strategic role.
Further responsibilities include;
- Provide technical assistance during project development and ensure the factors influencing and influenced by the grid connection are considered.
- To manage and be responsible for the process of grid applications ensuring they are submitted in a timely manner and progress through the DNO/TSO processes without delay.
- To maintain relationships with ICPs to drive performance and ensure they deliver their services to the company standards
- To be responsible for "grid intelligence" and also implementation of new connection methods arising from DNO policy changes and changing industry standards.
- To develop standardised arrangements for grid connections that reduce installation time and cost whilst maintaining or improving plant
- Support the delivery of projects by providing grid expertise to the project managers
- throughout the project lifecycle and on-site support
- Support the operation and maintenance of the plants by providing grid expertise to the Asset
- Manager O&M team managers throughout the life of the plant
Develop and maintain excellent relationships with the DNO design and delivery teams ensuring the company projects progressing smoothly through the project lifecycle
- You will be tertiary qualified in an Engineering / Project Management capacity with established experience in either Energy, Utilities or Renewables sectors.
- Demonstrated experience in strategically managing customers and the ability to manage complex high stakes contracts.
- Strong negotiating experience with excellent customer centricity experience along with exceptional project management capabilities.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Steven McIntyre on (02) 8024 7148 for a confidential discussion quoting reference number SMc 15497