Six Degrees Executive are excited to be working exclusively with the University of Queensland (UQ) as they embark on an exciting journey to revolutionise their student journey. Founded in 1909, UQ has carved out and established an enviable reputation as one of Australia's leading institutions; globally ranked in the top 50, UQ continuously strives for excellence with their overarching vision to inspire knowledge leadership for a better world.
About the project
The main aim of the CX transformation program is to develop and deliver a world-class Customer Experience for all of the University's key stakeholder groups. Historically, management of digital assets for the university has been organic. This new way of working will ensure engagement at each touch point, optimising and capitalising on every opportunity for growth.
Being an enterprise wide digital Customer Experience transformation program, proven experience within "greenfield" projects, or significant integration programs would be expected. A great understanding of mar-tech and end to end lead nurturing will be very relevant for the role. There is significant investment in this CX set up; with that comes the expectation that applicants would be technically very savvy, across multiple stacks and tools, and skilled in human centred design.
As part of this transformation an exciting opportunity has arisen for one Content and one Social Strategist, reporting directly to the Digital Marketing Manager
- Development of a whole of University content strategy based on UQ's business objectives and stakeholder needs, including a curatorial calendar for refreshing content across all platforms.
- Collaborate with internal teams to define and develop the creative vision and strategy, content requirements, creation of content strategy deliverables, including conducting content audits (qualitative analyses of all the content on a network of sites and social media accounts) as well as gap analyse and communication plans.
- Create and maintain editorial calendars, style guides, taxonomies, metadata frameworks and content migration plans.
- Coordinate decentralised teams and freelancers, maintaining budgets, assist with the technical integration of content and work with designers in the creation of visual comps and other deliverables and review creative with an eye toward content communication.
- Assist in the management of projects to develop and enhance interactive tools on the UQ website, including identifying and evaluating websites and microsites for migration and integration, and provide level-of-effort and time estimates for project deliverables to meet go-to-market timeframes, ensuring tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Provide content leadership on interactive projects: from initial concepts to wireframes, briefs, content decks, editorial calendars, style guides, and ongoing content curation.
- Create, review, and edit copy and provide training and mentoring for copywriters in creating content, and manage the content and copy approval process across the whole of UQ.
- Analyse content opportunities and recommend strategies, interactions or approaches.
- Lead the creation of information architecture deliverables working with the Information Architect Specialist.
- Assist in internal presentations to create buy-in for recommended strategies and solutions and receive client feedback, evaluate and recommend refinements and help resolve issues.
Skills & Experience
- Postgraduate qualifications or progress towards postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience in a CX/digital role developing content; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education training.
- Experience in the design and implementation of strategic content plans to support business goals.
- Experience in formulating and managing budgets, allocating resources and managing key external relationships to deliver effectiveness and efficiency savings.
- Outstanding leadership, communication, interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills including political acumen and a strong ability to work effectively across formal structural boundaries.
- High level analytical and conceptual skills to deliver solutions to complex strategic and business issues.
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative, creative programs and solutions using multiple forms of communications to achieve strategic objectives.
- Proven ability to influence large teams of professional staff to meet key performance indicators in a complex organisation.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the tertiary education sector or transferable skill from another sector
- Certification or registration of a relevant professional body such as ADMA
This is a full-time, continuing appointment at HEW Level 7. The total remuneration package, including employer superannuation contributions of up to 17%, will be in the range $97,851 - $106,879 p.a. The University of Queensland offers competitive options including salary sacrificing, on campus childcare, leave packaging and discounted private health insurance, as well as many other benefits. This position is based in Toowong, close to excellent public transport connections. You would be expected to attend the St Lucia campus for meetings as required, taking advantage of UQ's free frequent shuttle bus.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Christopher Southcote-Want on 07 3153 9906
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.
Six Degrees Executive is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all applicants