About the Organisation
Russell Kennedy Lawyers is one of Australia's longest standing Law Firms.
They featured prominently in the 2020 Best Lawyers in Australia awards and rankings, with sixteen Russell Kennedy Lawyers ranked in fifteen areas of law. With offices in Sydney and Melbourne, they are seeking a new COO to help achieve the strategic plan.
About the role
We are seeking a COO to provide leadership across a broad range of responsibilities including Finance and Operations, assisting the Board and Managing Director (MD) in setting and implementing the strategic direction of the Firm. Key responsibilities include:
- Work with the MD and the Board to execute the Firm's agreed strategic plans and budgets with a growth agenda in mind;
- Provide leadership, support and direction to all support functions, including Business Development, Finance, People & Culture, Information Technology, Knowledge Management and Office Services;
- Provide advanced financial leadership to the finance team, providing all month end reports, board reporting, budgeting and forecasting;
- Manage change and development within the Firm to ensure it competes successfully in present and future markets; and
- Formalise the system of information flows about administrative decisions, and communicate business goals and objectives to all staff and Principals.
Experience & Skills
We are seeking an accomplished track record as a COO or Finance Director along with strong operational management in a services-based environment. Apart from being an astute financial leader, you must demonstrate your experience leading other functions such as Information Technology, Operations, Business Development and/or People & Culture. Experience in professional services will be highly valued. In conjunction, you will enjoy working in an environment that is collegiate, professional and hard working. Russell Kennedy encourages a professional and committed work ethic, while recognising the importance of an enjoyable working environment and balanced lifestyle. They have a workplace culture that actively embraces and fosters diversity and inclusion and is proud to be certified as a WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
This role is based in Melbourne however some travel to Sydney will be required in the future.
If this opportunity appeals to you, then we would love you to push the 'Apply Now' button to forward your CV.