Our client is a government organisation based in Melbourne's North who are undergoing transformational change through the way they manage and deliver communications. They have a strong commitment to their diverse community, and are looking for ways to create innovative community advocacy strategies to best represent everyone. Through this change, there is now an opportunity for a passionate Corporate Affairs leader, to manage the organisational advocacy strategy and the overarching communications framework for the organisation.
The Corporate Affairs Lead is a pivotal role in the organisation, with a primary focus on advocacy, internal and digital communications, in addition to overseeing media and issues management for all the internal divisions. It leads a small, dedicated team of communications professionals who are excited about increasing digital communications capability via multiple channels. The role is a valued one with senior stakeholders, and requires extensive stakeholder management to achieve results. This is an opportunity to influence public policy through the development of key community advocacy strategies.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, journalism, public relations or similar
- Fantastic team leadership experience
- The ability to influence and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Proven record of developing advocacy strategies with tangible outcomes
- Experience managing significant media issues
- Knowledge of public policy and extensive government relations skills
- High level advocacy experience preferably in the Victorian landscape
Please click the Apply Now button, or for a confidential conversation, please contact Lyndsey Walker on 03 8613 3518
Applications close Friday 14th September.