With a history stretching back over 85 years, Haymes Paint is a true Australian success story; and whilst their colour palettes and can labels may have changed with the decades, their commitment to quality has remained the same. Now in their fourth generation of family ownership, they haven't slowed down on bringing new and better products to the market, always looking for new advances or opportunities for innovation that are proudly Australian made and owned. Their values-based approach with their people, customers, business and community is reflected in everything they do.
With the continuing growth of the business, Haymes Paint has a newly created opportunity for a Corporate Communications Manager to join their team on a full-time basis. This role is preferably based in Melbourne, Ballarat (Head Office) or both!
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, and working closely with the Head of People & Culture you will be responsible for the development and execution of the communications strategy, framework and channels. Taking a business partner approach, you will engage with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, collaborating with leaders across the business to build on the unique Haymes' culture of innovation and transparency; and enable consistent, effective, and scalable communications to support the growth of the business.
You will be well-supported but given the autonomy to truly make this role your own, driving the setup of a tailor-made communications function and supporting innovation and collaboration across the business.
- Leading the development and delivery of a strategic corporate communications plan and framework
- Overseeing the redesign and maintenance of the Haymes internal communications program, including channel selection and content development
- Partnering with the People & Culture team to contribute to the employer brand and employee experience
- Identifying opportunities to improve or innovate, ensuring this plays a fundamental role in shaping all communications strategies
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with both external and internal stakeholders, at all levels
- Monitoring, evaluating, and reporting on communications and media activity, as well as working closely with a PR agency
- Preparing copy, publications, releases, and media materials, liaising with corporate, trade and consumer media outlets
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Professional or tertiary qualifications in Communications, Journalism or an equivalent discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in a senior, stand alone, communications leadership position.
- Proven ability to translate vision and strategy into engaging, effective and integrated communications activities.
- Ability to execute and implement communications activities by 'keeping it real' with a hands-on practical approach
- Strong relational intelligence with proven ability to build durable and positive working relationships, internally and externally.
- Sense of fun, be a team player and willing to be involved in the deeper story and hands-on activities of the business.
- Understanding of or experience in the Bulky Goods, retailing or paint/surface coatings industry is highly advantageous.
WHY WORK WITH HAYMES PAINT?
Proudly family-owned and operated, Haymes Paint offers the best of both worlds, with the strong commercial oversight and business skills to suit a national leader, without losing sight of what makes that success possible - their people.
Committed to ensuring each member of their team has the opportunity to grow with the business, it shouldn't be surprising that Haymes has fantastic team retention, as they genuinely invest in each individual and encourage new ideas.
HOW TO APPLY
Should this opportunity be of interest to you click the APPLY button and follow the links to submit your application. Kindly note, the recruitment of this role is being exclusively managed by Lauren Madden at Six Degrees Executive. If you would like to have a confidential discussion prior to applying, please contact Lauren Madden on 03) 8613 3547.