Our client is a leading manufacturer of specialty vehicles with a significant global footprint and an outstanding name in the market. With a long history of growth, acquisition, product development and technological advancements, now is a great time to join their business.
Reporting to the Finance Director, this key role is crucial to the on-going success, continued profitability and leading market reputation of the organisation. Your role will see you responsible for key areas including cost accounting, inventory reconciliation, product pricing, product margin analysis and support of operational decisions and changes.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assist in preparation of month end close and reporting packs in a timely manner.
- Variance analysis of Gross Margin & Gross Profit, providing insight into performance and trends.
- Periodic cost & price book review, including but not limited to review & analysis base model BOMs & costs, reviewing product options with Sales & Engineering & updating pricing of all products.
- Reconciliation of inventory sub ledgers with General Ledger
- Assist with annual budget perpetration & reporting in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the Operations departments to assist their management of financials, labour spend, productivity & efficiency and inventory reconciliations.
- Assist in identifying and implementing cost reductions and profit improvements
- Verification, testing and development of Internal Controls
For best success in the role, you will ideally have cost accounting experience developed and refined in a manufacturing, custom build or product-based environment. Our client operates in a high quality, low volume environment and your demonstrated commercial acumen will allow you to add significant value. Strong ERP experience in a complex manufacturing / Bill of Material environment would be highly regarded. You will enjoy taking ownership of your role and function which will include developing strong internal stakeholder relationships with your colleagues across all facets of the business.
In return you will be working in a respectful yet accountable environment for an organisation who constantly seek to leverage technology to advance themselves.