Six Degrees Executive are excited to be working exclusively with the University of Queensland (UQ) as they embark on an exciting journey to revolutionise their student journey. Founded in 1909, UQ has carved out and established an enviable reputation as one of Australia's leading institutions; globally ranked in the top 50, UQ continuously strives for excellence with their overarching vision to inspire knowledge leadership for a better world.
About the project
The main aim of the CX transformation program is to develop and deliver a world-class Customer Experience for all of the University's key stakeholder groups. Historically, management of digital assets for the university has been organic. This new way of working will ensure engagement at each touch point, optimising and capitalising on every opportunity for growth.
Being an enterprise wide digital Customer Experience transformation program, proven experience within "greenfield" projects, or significant integration programs would be expected. A great understanding of mar-tech and end to end lead nurturing will be very relevant for the role. There is significant investment in this CX set up; with that comes the expectation that applicants would be technically very savvy, across multiple stacks and tools, and skilled in human centred design.
As part of this transformation an exciting opportunity has arisen for a CRM Manager (Lead), reporting directly to the Head of Customer Experience and Digital.
- Exciting greenfield role that will work with a fast-paced team responsible for developing, testing and implementing a strategy to reach and engage target audiences through multiple digital channels like web, mobile, VR, multimedia, CRM and social.
- Lead the development and implementation for the whole of University's CRM capabilities and support the integration of Marketing Automation with CRM.
- You will also do the same for Sales campaigns, ensuring they are aligned to the UQ Brand and ensure usability and iterative testing to enhance the effectiveness of CRM activities and sales campaigns.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the CRM systems, governance, policies and processes to capitalise on marketing data and intelligence aligned with accessibility and privacy legislation whilst providing expert advice on digital customer engagement activities for maximum impact.
Skills & Experience
- To be successful in this critical role you will have held senior roles and gone through a similar development and implementation of CRM applications to support business goals.
- You will demonstrate a high level of analytical and conceptual skills to deliver solutions to complex strategic business issues and understand an environment where customer acquisition is key.
- Tertiary qualifications in Business with a major in Marketing or Communications.
- Solid experience in leading Projects, from development through to execution.
- Strong post campaign analytical skills and the ability to learn from insights provided.
- High quality interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- Leadership skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision, provide support/guidance to other team members and possess strong communication skills.
This is a full-time, continuing appointment at HEW Level 9. The total remuneration package, including employer superannuation contributions of up to 17%, will be in the range $129,854 - $137,412 p.a. The University of Queensland offers competitive options including salary sacrificing, on campus childcare, leave packaging and discounted private health insurance, as well as many other benefits. This position is based in Toowong, close to excellent public transport connections. You would be expected to attend the St Lucia campus for meetings as required, taking advantage of UQ's free frequent shuttle bus.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Christopher Southcote-Want on 07 3153 9906
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.
Six Degrees Executive is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all applicants