About the company
Six Degrees are proud to be working with a renowned and reputable company based in Melbourne CBD. With a large footprint across Melbourne and outer regions, they pride themselves on providing a diverse working environment to help assist their staff to grow and develop their careers. Due to a large-scale data platform implementation, they are in need of a Data Engineer for an initial 6-month contract.
About the role
The role forms part of the Big Data and Analytics program, which seeks to deliver meaningful insights from digital assets to provide personalised experiences for their customers. The position will oversee the development and delivery of the platform and will provide specialist technical services.
- Lead the design, development, delivery and ongoing enhancement of an enterprise-level, data driven environment with high quality components
- Provide direction in complex problem solving and contribute specialist skills and knowledge for large-scale processing systems. Perform the analysis, requirements specification, standards-based design, construction, integration and implementation of these solutions.
- Ensure high levels of reliability and efficiency of the platform, and ensure high quality of data ingestion and acquisition from various streaming sources from across the business
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have a strong understanding of big data technologies and data management practices. Furthermore, you shall have:
- Extensive experience in software development and scripting languages in data processing relevant languages (e.g. Java, SQL, Scala Perl and/or Python or equivalent).
- Experience consuming data from APIs
- Experience configuring and compiling software
- Extensive experience trouble-shooting and supporting complex systems.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (e.g. HBase, Mongo, Cassandra).
Please apply on the link below or call Neeta Dhahan on 03 8613 3523 discuss the role in more detail.