About the company
Our client is a successful and well recognised retail organisation with a number of reputable brands. With offerings across the online channel as well an extensive store network, they are committed to delivering superior products and service across multiple channels to their customers. There is currently an opportunity for an experienced demand planner to join the team in this newly created role.
About the role
The primary function of the role is to support the succesful delivery of the brands merchandise strategy, through establishing future demand forecasts that advise the buy plans. You will be responsible for ensuring stock availability at all times and effectively and efficiently managing inventory.
* Maintain optimal stock levels in line with customer demand and sell-through
* Manage clearance merchandise and aged stock for all channels
* Conduct supplier analysis and recommend range rationalisation to maximise sales and profit
* Devise a merchandising plan and communicate to the buying team to determine purchase plans and pricing
* Lead the promotional and post promotional analysis for the online store
* Forecast sales for new brands and non-replenish lines and conduct ongoing analysis of product performance
* Plan intake levels to minimise stockholding yet maximise sales and new product/category opportunities
Skills and Experience
* 3+ years' experience in a demand planning role
* Strong negotiation & influencing skills
* Experience within the retail sector is essential
* Ability to work quickly and accurately whilst meeting deadlines
* Computer literate with advanced excel skills.
* Ability to analyse, investigate and interpret financial data and information.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Rebecca Overall on (03) 8613 3527 for a confidential discussion.