About the company
This is a global heavy automotive manufacturer with operations all over the world, a company that develops and manufactures vehicles that operate within our urban environment, yet most people wouldn't notice in their day to day lives. Supplying to both public and private organisations, they are having an extremely busy year and are growing to meet demand from their customers.
About the role
As a Design Drafter your key objective is to provide technical and general support to the engineering team, specifically you will produce electrical and wire harness schematics, industrial assembly documentation using AutoCAD and SolidWorks, as well as general technical documentation to support the design process.
Ideally we are seeking candidates with the below:
- Experience as a design drafter within a closely related assembly manufacturing industry (ie. automotive, aerospace, defence etc)
- Electrical, mechatronic or mechanical background
- Solid professional experience in the use of AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Availability to commence at short notice
This is a great opportunity for someone who has found themselves in between positions, you may be finishing in your current role, returning from leave, or perhaps you're displaced by the changes in the automotive industry. This company offers a great working environment, with a family culture and down to earth group of colleagues. In the past, previous contractors have ended up securing permanent roles at the end of their contracts.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Scott Logan on 03 8613 3551 for a confidential discussion.