About the Company
Established Australian company which designs and manufactures a wide range of equipment relating to fluid transfer. These products include grease and oil pumps and guns, fuel pumps, hose reels and flow meters. The main industries this company supplies to is agricultural, industrial, automotive, mining, aviation and marine. The range of products is low cost, but very high volume. Based in NSW, the company has circa 120 headcount across the business, including engineering and manufacturing.
About the Role
This is a Design Engineer role based in Turrella, NSW.
- Manage assigned product design projects (NPD, modifications of existing products, etc), from concept development, design justification, prototyping, testing, approval, through to implementation, using a project management structured approach
- Produce detailed component and assembly drawings for manufacturing, testing, verification, and conformance of design outputs to meet design inputs
- Produce engineering documents, technical specifications, work instructions and any other relevant documents to ensure a comprehensive design handover to factory operations
- Advise and assist manufacturing on analysing design problems in the context of product and development, and provide solutions in a timely manner
- Provide high level engineering support to customers throughout the product lifecycle, to diagnose and solve technical issues
- Maintain up-to-date data in the ERP as well as technical documents (engineering drawings, specifications, procedures, work instructions, etc) as per relevant quality procedures
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering, with 2-5 years industry experience
- Previous industry experience using 2D/3D software (SOLIDWORKS)
- Basic knowledge of lean manufacturing tools (5S, SOP, Visual Controls, Kanban, etc)
- Understanding of "design for manufacturing"
- Full Australian Work Rights
- Resume Submission - only successful candidates will receive a call
- Phone Call w Recruiter
- Video Interview w Recruiter
- 1st Round Interview w Engineering Manager
- 2nd Round Interview + Office Tour
- Offer to start