About the company
This industrial equipment manufacturer is hiring for a talent mechanical design engineer due to a significant growth phase and ongoing business success. Providing customised product solutions for mobile and fixed assets and supplying to some of Australia's largest service organisations, they are ideally placed to provide an outstanding career path for a high calibre mechanical design engineer.
About the role
Reporting to the Product Design Manager and working closely with the Production and R&D teams, the Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of the design delivery for complex body structures, lifting systems and specialist applications including technical support for production and after sale support for customer service. Main responsibilities include:
- Design of mechanical components in line with Australian standards;
- Supporting production with involvement in assembly and commissioning works;
- Liaising with key stakeholders to review design issues or technical requests;
- Supporting sales and marketing for technical information;
- Management of engineering data, BOMs and technical information.
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years experience;
- Degree qualifications in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering;
- A mechanical aptitude and willingness to be hands on;
- Managing design projects from end to end;
- Skilled in SolidWorks or similar design software;
- Knowledge gained from experience in industrial / automotive or similar industries;
The design team has a great culture. They are dedicated, proud, sociable, hardworking and welcome a new member to the team with the right level of support and encouragement. The role is available due to an internal promotion and career opportunities will be available into the future. The role will offer an attractive salary for a mechanical engineer who is early in their career and looking for a new challenge. If this sounds like you, I'd love to hear from you.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Dale Young on (03) 8613 3503 for a confidential discussion quoting reference number DY15748.