Imagine walking into a workplace each day surrounded with creativity, excitement and the energy of live performance. Arts Centre Melbourne is Australia's largest performing arts centre, bringing over 3.6M people together to share remarkable experiences in their iconic venues and spaces. As well as being home to the Australian Music Vault and hosting and producing over 1,700 performance events on their stages, they deepen community connection with the performing arts through fundraising, wellbeing, educational learning and community participation programs. The Victorian Government has also announced exciting plans for the transformation of Melbourne's Arts Precinct that includes a significant reimagining and expansion of Arts Centre Melbourne in the near future.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Customer Experience, this new leadership role of Director, Customer Engagement will lead a high performing team to enhance the customer lifecycle and maximise community engagement in Arts Centre Melbourne's outstanding experiences and services. The team includes the functions of in-house ticketing, marketing, tourism, media, customer insights, customer loyalty and customer growth. The team is responsible for over $8.6m in ticketing revenue and is a key contributor to over $55m of commercially generated revenue. This role sits on the ACM Leadership Team and will play a key role in representing the best interests of the customer in organisation wide strategy, operations and future thinking.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, the Director, Customer Engagement will thrive on working in a creative, fast paced environment and have:
- Exceptional team leadership capability, driven by innovation
- A Customer First mindset
- Proven track record of identifying customer and sales growth opportunities
- Strategic vision in customer engagement, sales, loyalty and insights
- Extensive experience developing consumer marketing and brand strategies
- Ability to analyse and interpret customer and sales data to make informed strategic decisions
- Strong capability to manage diverse and complex stakeholder groups
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, business or similar field
- Background in destination marketing, customer experience or consumer marketing will be advantageous.
Working in the creative industries, this leadership role may require attendance at events during evenings and weekends from time to time. Other benefits include access to complimentary tickets, discounted car parking and the opportunity to engage behind the scenes with our diverse and dedicated team to learn about all aspects of creating and delivering live performance events for our community.
Please click the Apply Now button, or for a confidential discussion, please contact Lyndsey Walker on (03) 8613 3518.
Six Degrees is the retained recruitment partner of Arts Centre Melbourne for this assignment. All candidates sent directly to Arts Centre Melbourne will be forwarded and considered through Six Degrees.