About the Organisation
The Catholic Diocese of Broken Bay, under the leadership of Bishop Anthony Randazzo, serves the People of God in the northern regions of the city of Sydney, the North Shore, Northern Beaches and NSW Central Coast. Home to more than 215,000 Catholics, and covering an area of 2,763 square kilometres, the Diocese comprises 26 Parishes, 36 Primary Schools, 8 Secondary Schools, 4 Early Learning Centres, and 5 Family Centres. Some of its parishes are more than 120 years old and others quite young. Our Lady of the Rosary Cathedral, Waitara, is a symbol of the history, youthfulness and diversity of the Diocese.
As well as nurturing the spiritual lives of Catholics, the Catholic Diocese of Broken Bay supports many more in the local community through health and aged care, education, welfare and community services. Its agencies, including Catholic Schools Broken Bay and CatholicCare Broken Bay, and its ministries work alongside local people from all walks of life, as well as organisations committed to enhancing the way of life enjoyed in the Diocese.
The Diocese is now undertaking a search to secure a Director of Communications, an extremely high profile and critically important function within the structure.
About the Position
The key focus of the position is to support the team of executives through offering strategic leadership in Communications, ensuring consistent evangelical messaging in line with the organisations core mission and values. To achieve this the Director of Communications will lead each of the communications functions including strategic planning, public relations, issues and media management, creative vision, branding and image and stakeholder engagement and management.
Key to the success of the role
- Maintain a strong mission identity
- Team leadership and a commitment to the goals and values
- Drive communications strategy and planning
- Ability to disseminate information to the public
- A thorough knowledge of relevant legislative requirements and their impact on communications
- Build exceptional external relationships and advocacy
- Build a positive and constructive culture
- Proven track record at a senior level in public/media relations, communications, journalism, marketing, or public administration
- Proven track record in the development and successful implementation of strategy across a complex organisation
- Background in managing internal as well as external communications.
- Inspirational leader who can provide leadership in a large, complex and diverse organisation
- Tertiary qualified in one of the related areas
- Ideally you will have a sound understanding of Catholicism
- The Diocese is a purpose led, dynamic, rewarding and forward-thinking environment
- This is your opportunity to develop and deliver a strategic communications plan that supports the purpose led nature of the Diocese
- Work with a group of committed, well educated and highly commercial individuals internally as well as partnering organisations and all walks of life in the community
How to apply
Please contact Rachel Shermer at Six Degrees Executive for a completely confidential conversation on 0426 267 515 or click Apply Now