About our Client
Our client is a highly successful Australian FMCG organisation based in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne. They operate a number of manufacturing and distribution sites nationally and require an experienced logistics professional to oversee their largest and most complex site in Melbourne's west.
About the Role
Reporting through to the Head of Operations and leading a large team, the Distribution Centre Manager will be responsible for the management and overall performance of warehousing and site-based distribution functions in line with company policy and procedure. This includes all receipting of goods, storage, pick & pack and loading in a HACCP environment to enable the business to achieve the highest level of customer service, within budget.
The role is responsible for ensuring that all functions at all times are in line with customer expectations and carried out in a safe and efficient manner, in addition leading a number of large projects and continuous improvement initiatives.
The Distribution Centre Manager leads a performance driven culture and a team who collaborate effectively with customers and internal stakeholders, maximising customer service levels and optimal distribution network efficiency.
Skills & Experience
- A track record of success in warehousing / DC leadership in the manufacturing or FMCG industries.
- Experience leading teams and building the capability of individuals in an environment where safety is paramount.
- Customer service driven approach and the ability to manage a range of existing accounts and internal stakeholders.
- An ability to analyse process and procedures to ensure that targets are met, and standards adhered to, in line with company policy.
- Knowledge of OHSE and HACCP policy relevant to this sector.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Luke Gunn on 0401 023 349 for a confidential discussion.