About the Company
Starbucks is an iconic global brand and remains the premier roaster and retailer of specialty coffee around the world. Their mission is to inspire and nurture the human spirit; one person, one cup and one neighbourhood at a time. With the first store opening in Australia back in 2000, the brand is now privately owned and operated, and growing, with 36 stores along the Eastern Seaboard.
Starbucks Australia is poised to enter the next phase of accelerated growth. They have ambitious plans for new store openings, menu innovation and a unified commitment to bringing the brand heritage and unique customer experience to increasing numbers of Aussie customers.
Operating with the excitement and pace of a 'start up', but with the backing and support of one of Australia's premier retailing families, the business maintains its commitment to excellence, an emphasis on respect in how they treat customers and each other; and a dedication to corporate and social responsibility. The organisation values people who are adaptable, self-motivated, passionate and creative team players.
About the role
Following the recent successful appointment of a District Manager and to support their expanding operations, Starbucks have a new opportunity through the creation of a second role, a District Manager to support operations in the Gold Coast and outer Brisbane region. Reporting to the Head of Operations you will lead store operations, ensuring best in class experience for customers and teams is maintained. You will also inspire and lead the district team to deliver across all areas of business results including Customer, Partner (People), Sales and Profit.
- Build team capability through the development of the instore partners focusing on leaders of today and tomorrow
- Maximising sales and profit through operational excellence, effective implementation of marketing promotions and identifying and recommending sales growth opportunities
- Maintaining and developing stores to the highest food quality and customer connection standards
- Measure and improve store management performance through strategic initiatives
- Coach stores in the district to create a safe environment for everyone
- Identify any issues or concerns and coach the team to deliver improvements to achieve organisational goals
- Overseeing prompt and appropriate resolution of any complaints
- Manage with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture and vision of Starbucks Australia
Skills & Experience
Extended experience within a progressively responsible retail environment, with at least 3 years in a multi-site operations position, preferably in a Retail or Food & Beverage Company
- A passion for coffee and food
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build a team environment to achieve revenue, profit and growth targets
- Proven people management and leadership experience, and demonstrated willingness to be a hands-on leader
- Ability to work autonomously with strong planning, organising, leading and time management skills
- High work ethic and leads with energy and enthusiasm
- Ideally tertiary degree level qualification, with major in finance, business, sales and marketing or related discipline preferred
The culture of the Starbucks Australia business is energetic, flexible, adaptable with a high degree of collaboration and a positive 'can do' attitude among all members of the team. This is a fast paced, lean but also highly professional business not slowed by bureaucracy and hierarchy. To be successful in this role you must be agile, hardworking and highly motivated to support the business' vision for growth.
- Newly created role to shape and support their expanding QLD operations
- Growing company with an open and flexible environment
- Great salary package
How to apply
Sound like you? Hit APPLY NOW or call Robin Massyn on 07 3153 9905 for a confidential discussion.
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.