About the company
This world class R&D driven manufacturing business is delivering a large engineering driven capital program ($100m+) which consists of several major pieces of capital investment, primarily this is the expansion of their existing production site, installation of new production lines, upgrade of manufacturing areas to enable new product integration, and the systems and utilities that support their operations. With safety as a non-negotiable priorty and with significant construction activity across their site, there is a clear requirement to bring in further safety support.
About the role
The EHS Capital Project Engineer is responsible for end to end EHS oversight of capital projects, ensuring that the best possible safety outcomes are achieved through project execution and into asset operation by supporting feasibility, scope and cost, detailed design, procurement, engagement and management of contractors and suppliers, site construction safety management and through managing specified project tasks. Specifically some of these tasks are generating and reviewing URS documents, supporting procurement of contstruction, equipment and services, leading Safety in Design reviews and HAZOPS, providing technical support and strategic direction, ensuring internal standards and regulatory standards are met, and that on site construction is managed safely and effectively.
We're looking for someone who is experienced in the safety of capital projects involving construction activity:
- Ideally a technical degree (such as engineering) or relevant trades background
- Demonstrated experience managing the safe delivery of complex engineering driven construction projects
- Experience working on projects in the manufacturing industry would be advantageous
- The ability to consider broader and long term business objectives as well as immediate project requirements
- Ability to work effectively across a large and diverse organisation, respect and work to achieve a variety of stakeholder priorities
- Confidence and assertiveness to stop unsafe activities when you see them, to lead and educate across the business and with suppliers and contractors
If you're in the market for a project safety role, this one is a great option because it is a client side position with a business that has long term capital plans. Working for the owner operator, you are able to play a key role in leading a safety program across a busy operational site, and to take greater ownership of what is being delivered in general. The employer is also a major player in an industry that has extrermely strong long term prospects in Australia, which may create opportunities beyond the delivery of the capital program.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Scott Logan on 03 8613 3551 for a confidential discussion