- 3-6 month contract role / Immediate Start / Location: Canberra
- Experience with the commonwealth performance reporting framework and PGPA Act
- Baseline Security Clearance, highly desirable
EL1 Assistant Director to work within Performance and Reporting of the Governance and Risk Team.
About the company
Our client, a federal government department that represents Australia's interest in the aged care sector, requires an EL1 Assistant Director to work within the Governance and Risk team on a 3-6 month contract.
About the role
The EL1 Performance and Reporting Assistant Director supports the department to understand its core purpose and to measure its success in achieving that purpose. The Governance and Risk team ensures the department meets its obligations under the PGPA Act and the Commonwealth Performance Framework, developing the corporate plan and the annual report, contributing to the development of the portfolio budget statements, and supporting divisions to develop their annual business plans.
Duties, Skills & Experience:
- Supporting with the implementation of a commonwealth performance framework for the department that is fit for purpose and meets the requirements of the PGPA Act
- Working with divisions to understand their activities and how they contribute to the department's objectives and purpose, and in conjunction to the corporate plan and annual report
- Corporate planning and performance reporting
- Supporting with building the governance framework
- Support in areas of risk, governance, privacy, fraud
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in producing written materials
- Experience in project management, delivering projects on time
- Tertiary qualification and/or relevant experience
- Experience with MasterDocs advantageous
This position will ideally be based in Canberra, ACT (Open to Sydney and remote work for the right candidate) and will be offered as an hourly rate contract (EL1 equivalent) for a 3 to 6-month period. In addition, you will be an Australian citizen and hold a Baseline clearance or have the ability to obtain.