About the company
One of the largest food companies in the world, this FMCG manufactures well known category leading products sold via the major retailers and operates one of the largest food manufacturing plants in Victoria. With an ever-expanding capital investment portfolio they are now seeking to add to their established capital works team.
About the role
As an Electrical & Automation Project Manager you will be responsible for delivering capital investment works from end to end, both autonomously and as a team leader for larger projects with a particular focus on electrical and automation. You will take ownership of projects right from their earliest stages of conception through all stages to handover, managing your own suppliers, tender processes, equipment selection and procurement, installation, commissioning, and the management of budgets and schedules. Critically you will ensure the best business outcome is achieved for capital projects by managing and engaging stakeholders effectively, and contribute broadly to the effective automation of manufacturing processes.
We're looking for someone who approximately fits the below:
- Engineering degree (electrical or mechatronics) or relevant trades background
- Experience as a Project Engineer delivering CAPEX projects
- High degree of expertise in industrial automation
- Strong commercial skills relating to budgets, schedules, tenders, suppliers etc
- Solid communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Industry background is flexible, but must be a manufacturing industry
- Exposure to medium-large scale manufacturing operations
For someone who is available for a long term contract role in regional Western Victoria, this role will provide an opportunity to join a stable business on a growth trajectory whose conditions are excellent, particularly for regional Victoria. You will work under industry veterans and alongside a well established team of engineers, contributing to a continuing success story. Several prior contractors in this business have become permanent employees in the short term.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Scott Logan for a confidential discussion on 03 8613 3551