This role is with an iconic Australian food manufacturer, they are working through their long term strategic planning and have found some gaps in their organisation. This opportunity will be a key element of setting them up for ongoing success well into the future.
Reporting to the Site Operations Manager the Maintenance and Engineering Manager is a key site management and leadership role that is responsible for managing the site's engineering and maintenance resources (employee and contractors) to achieve maximum equipment availability and reliability whilst providing a safe and efficient manufacturing environment. Business intent is to ensure effective operations and maintenance of efficient production schedules as well as supporting other functions deliver the required and agreed Site KPIs. Continuous improvement using Technology remains a key part of this role.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Ensure all new capital equipment is designed and manufactured to the relevant Australian standards
- Ensure all new capital equipment has risk assessments conducted both pre and post installation
- Support business NPD activity through provision of resources and technical support
- Deliver EBITDA target by focusing on cost management and sustainable value add.
- Ensure timely resolution of maintenance problems affecting production
- Ensure cost effective engineering solutions to issues while maintaining a focus on quality service
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Engineering Degree or other relevant tertiary qualification
- Experienced maintenance professional with practical hands on experience across a factory environment with exposure to heavy machinery
- Substantial experience in similar engineering/maintenance/leadership roles
- Experienced in managing a team of skilled resources including contractors
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to health and safety
- Demonstrated experience in driving productivity improvements and driving cultural change
For more information and a full job description please get in touch with Alan Claire on 0423 539 040 or alternatively please apply via the link and I will get back to you within 48 hours.