About the company
Our client is the global leader in their manufacturing space, with a well-known brands across its industry. They are seeking qualified Maintenance or Engineering leader for one of their signature locations in Sydney.
About the Role
Due to internal growth and transformation, our client is currently looking to strengthen their maintenance and engineering presence at their key site. Reporting to the Site Operations Manager, the successful person will be a key member in the Site Lead Team to help productivity and ensure that the maintenance & engineering departments are working efficiently. they will make sure project teams are delivering on time and to budget, while continually driving proactive planning and reliability across the businesses.
The responsibilities will include:
- Managing the team of engineering specialists with a key emphasis on preventative maintenance, reliability and the adoption of best practise.
- Lead, coach and develop the team ensuring the "close knit", collaborative culture is maintained.
- Responsible for promoting the Continuous Improvement regime and working with projects to improve systems and processes.
- Develop, implement and maintain a strategy for the Maintenance Team to continue to be efficient, effective, within budget, well-motivated and adaptable to change.
In order to be considered for this opportunity you will need the following skills and experience:
- Ideally be a graduate engineer in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Experience of working in a fast moving, high pressure manufacturing environment.
- Candidates who have a background from within processing or chemical manufacturing industry will be given preference.
- Be used to working in a highly unionised environment and been involved with managing change.
- Pro-active attitude with the ability to resolve complex technical issues and offer guidance to ensure any breakdowns are resolved quickly.
- Demonstrable track record of successfully managing and completing multiple capital projects.
- Excellent man management skills and the ability to enthuse, motivate and develop a multi-disciplined team of "hands on" engineers. You will be measured on the performance of your team so this is a key element of the role.
- Exposure to a Computerised Maintenance Management System and be comfortable with reliability methodologies such as RCA, RCM and CBM.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading global manufacturing business in a challenging and rewarding capacity.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Steven McIntyre on (02) 8024 7148 for a confidential discussion quoting reference number SMc - 15763