- About the business
Based in the south east suburbs of Melbourne, our client is a leading industrial design company specialising in self-service technologies. Their passion stems from designing innovative solutions for clients that stand the test of time.
They partner with major technology companies to create unique self-serve technology for high profile brands and government institutions.
- The Role
We are looking for a talented Engineering Manager to lead a multi-discplined engineering team with a passion for innovation and continuous improvement. You will be responsible for driving a culture of high performance within the engineering team - a team of 9-10 engineers (electrical, mechanical and hardware/software).
Reporting to the CEO, you will set, prioritise and evaluate the finer detail of product specifications by working closely with the engineering team to build the next generation of self service kiosks.
- Provide vision and direction to the engineering and development teams and other stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively within cross-functional teams that include development, quality assurance, customer support, sales and marketing experts to define and deliver solutions that create high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Be the voice of the customer for the product, mapping customer journeys and personas, working to analyse customer & market requirements, competitor products by deeply understanding customer problems to uncover unmet needs.
- Lead an experienced and capable team of Electrical and Mechanical Engineers and contribute to capability uplift
- Play the role of Subject Matter Expert (in hardware and software engineering) within the team throughout product development, testing and implementation phases to ensure product integrity and quality.
- Managing risk and implementing a strong focus of continuous improvement by identifying systematic issues and bottlenecks in the development process and implementing corrective actions, structures and processes to build and maintain a high performing technical team and workflow.
- Partner closely with the CEO in the preparation and successful submission of tender documents.
- Analyse product specifications and performance requirements to determine designs that can be produced by existing manufacturing facilities and methods
- Lead the planning product go-to-market plans and set expectations for delivery of new functionalities.
- Manage the Engineering P&L
- A strong track record in hardware and software engineering
- 5+ years of leading engineering teams/functions with a solid understanding of the product development lifecycle in a complex manufacturing business
- Bachelor degree in engineering or related discipline
- Ability to build strong relationships to continuously partner with customers eliciting feedback on new features, providing timely responses to questions and presenting demonstrations of completed functionality.
- Ability to think holistically about all aspects of getting a product to market successfully, beyond feature readiness alone
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in order to represent and describe product offerings to internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Outstanding organisational, leadership and time management skills.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills and a creative thinker with a vision.
- Ability to work autonomously and self-motivated and a results-oriented mindset.
To learn more about this opportunity, please apply today! For a confidential discussion, please contact Katrina Park