About the Company
Leading manufacturer of waste management equipment. It offers a range of products for refuse collection, including truck mounted side, rear and front loader equipment, as well as stationary compactors for commercial and industrial waste applications. This role oversees the bulk waste side of the business, primarily looking after the product design of stationary compactors, bin lifters and chutes for buildings and other sites.
About the Role
As an Engineering Manager you will look after a team of 3 engineers based in Marsden Park, NSW. The primary product range needs to be configured and designed for each individual customer. A large part of the role is to balance between designing the best solution for the customer, while also considering the internal manufacturing capability. It is a local manufacturing operation with 80 headcount across production, service and spare parts in NSW. You will be working at a brand new facility, which was purpose built only in the last 24 months.
- Lead a small engineering team. This is a hands-on role so you will be required to do design work yourself as well.
- Develop and mentor engineers from a technical perspective.
- Provide technical support to other departments including sales and customer service.
- Visit customer sites to assist with site concepts, measurement and final configuration.
This role reports to the General Manager of Engineering.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in an engineering management or equivalent role.
- Tertiary degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience in a project-based manufacturing operation would be highly regarded.
- Ability to identify solutions quickly for customers.
- Experience with 3D design software such as Solidworks, CATIA or similar.
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence other stakeholders inside the organisation.
- Brand new facility.
- Friendly culture, with monthly lunches.
- Stable and successful company environment which offers great job security.
Recruitment Process / How to Apply:
- Resume Submission - only successful candidates will receive a call
- Phone Call w Recruiter
- Video Interview w Recruiter
- 1st Round Interview (Video) with General Manager Engineering
- Psychometric Testing
- 2nd Round Interview + Site Tour in Marsden Park
- Offer to start
Click on the APPLY button if you are interested.