A fantastic opportunity to join a global FMCG with a regional head office in Melbourne and sites across Australia and New Zealand. The organisation has a strong strategic focus on sustainability and environment, with the support of their CEO and customers to continually improve environmental performance. Due to their growing environmental ambition, they are looking for a collaborative environmental professional to lead programs across the region. The role will be based in their head office, with occasional travel.
About the Role
The Environment Manager ANZ will lead the implementation and monitoring of environmental strategies and programs that promote sustainability. You will lead the standardisation of environmental management systems across our client's manufacturing sites, driving collaboration and harmonisation.
Alongside this, you'll focus on customer and regulatory compliance and will be responsible to ensure our environmental enablers are met across the region. You'll drive awareness of environmental issues, and acting as a subject matter consultant on systems, energy, water and waste. As a qualified ISO 14001 auditor, you will lead environmental audits and assessments, identifying and resolving environmental problems, providing technical support to help resolve resolving environmental problems and acting as an agent of change.
Skills & Experience
This is an exciting and integral role within the business for future growth. Reporting to the Head of Quality, Safety, Environment and Risk ANZ, you will ideally have:
- Thorough understanding of Australian and New Zealand legislation on pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, conservation and renewable energy
- Understanding of and ability to complete mandatory government environmental reporting (NGER and NPI)
- Tertiary qualifications in a science (chemistry, environment, biology) or engineering based course, or proven experience in a similar role.
- Understanding of and ability to engage with on-site technical environmental issues such as trade waste, water treatment and boiler and cooler energy usage
- Demonstrated familiarly in working cross functionally with strong business partnering skills that build credibility and engagement through excellent communication.
You'll join a highly supportive team, with an unparalleled focus on employee wellbeing and mental health. It's a sign of a good company that people feel good - about themselves, about their job; and about their community. Our client has worked hard to create a friendly and diverse culture where everyone can do well.
The ANZ region is at a turning point for action on environment, with a highly engaged regional and global leadership team. You will join at the perfect time to drive change - and progress your career.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, click on the APPLY button or contact Caitlin Murrell on 0401867404 for a confidential discussion quoting reference number 22264.