About the company
Our client is an environmental, food, water, agricultural testing organisation. They are one of the big players in Queensland with over 4000 clients on their books. They pride themselves in having the best turnaround times and pricing but with the highest quality equipment.
About the role
As an environmental consultant you will be responsible for generating new business opportunities with the support of a great finance, customer service and administration team. You will also have access to previous clients to bring them back on board with a well-maintained CRM. The exciting part of this role is you will get to nurture the clients for the first 12 months alongside the account manager. Getting paid for the first 3 months for generating the business and the full 12 months for helping keep that relationship strong, it really is the best of both worlds.
Based in Brisbane, some of your key responsibilities will include the below:
- Lead Generation - Identify and develop new business relationships with clients in the water, building and construction and government
- Generate tender opportunities - prepare sales proposals and tender documents
- Sales - Achieving all sales goals and KPI's set by the business
- Market Intelligence - Understand the environmental space
- Customer retention - 12 months of helping keep the customers committed
- Growth - Recommit previous clients that have lapsed for over 12 months
Skills & Experience
The successful applicant will possess the below skills and experience:
- 3-5 years previous sales / BDM role
- Experience working in a fast paced and high-volume environment
- Experience with analytical testing in the environmental industry or experience working with a technical service with a similar customer base
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Coming from a chemical background would be advantageous
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a highly regarded industry leader. You will be given scope to improve performance as well as professional development opportunities, all while under an impressive and visionary leadership team.
Please apply below or call Marilyn Werner 0480 002 514 to discuss the role in more detail.