The Outdoor Education Group is Australia's most established outdoor education provider which provides a wide range of opportunities for experiential learning in the outdoors in Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia, Western Australia and the Northern Territories. With over 450 staff across the nation, they work with just under 50,000 student participants per year. The Group have experienced year on year growth nationally through their reputation for excellence and now is the time to further invest in strengthening their brand and create innovative marketing to continue to share their commitment to young Australians embarking on outdoor experiences.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and as a valued member of the Executive Leadership Team, the Executive Director Marketing and Communications is a newly created role for The Outdoor Education Group. Developing the brand and raising the profile, you will help build and articulate the organisations vision for the future. You will have ownership over the development and implementation of digital marketing and communications to engage new and existing clients. Importantly, you will design and deliver brand development that supports the organisation's purpose, position and product offerings, bringing a strong commercial approach. You will also play a key role in the identification and capture of new business, bringing structure and process to the sales process, providing innovative marketing solutions to support key growth objectives. There is an opportunity to conceptualise and embed an employee value proposition and brand that will attract fantastic talent to join their dynamic staff group.
Skills and experience
The Executive Director Marketing and Communications will be ultimately responsible for the effective communication of The Outdoor Education Group's vision. To succeed in doing this, you will have:
- Extensive experience developing and delivering overarching marketing and communications strategies;
- Strong digital media and marketing capability, identifying effective platforms and channels to communicate brand, vision and content and building a comprehensive digital roadmap;
- A history of conceptualising and delivering an innovative employee brand proposition;
- Inspiring leadership qualities, with experience developing and building high performance teams;
- The ability to identify developing markets and new business opportunities using research and insights to support the sales function;
- The passion for outdoor education and the benefit it brings to the building of social capital in young Australians.
Please click the Apply Now button, or for a confidential conversation, please contact Lyndsey Walker on (03) 8613 3518
The Outdoor Education Group are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees.
Six Degrees are the retained partner for this assignment. All resumes received directly will be fowarded to Six Degrees for consideration through due process.