Our client is a government organisation which has a focus on supporting and adocating on behalf of the community. They have a diverse range of stakeholders in a complex stucture, and the communications team is there to support all divisions in ensuring community messaging is at the forefront. An exciting opportunity now exists to lead this externally focused team, to develop and deliver innovative communications strategies.
The External Communications Lead is responsible for communicating the important issues facing the organisation and it's community. Leading a small, talented team, it develops and delivers strategic communications through multiple channels including digital. It is a highly regarded position which also provides advice to the executive team on strategic communications when required. This is a strong stakeholder relationship role and would suit someone who has a background in communicating issues management.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, journalism or similar
- People leadership experience
- Extensive experience developing and delivering communications strategies
- The ability to create content for a wide audience
- Exceptional written communications skills and stakeholder management skills
- The ability to prioritise, negotiate and provide strategic advice
- Develop innovative communications for traditional and digital channels
- Proven track record of overseeing the development of communications collateral
Please click the apply now button, or contact Lyndsey Walker on 03 8613 3518
Applications close Friday 14th September.