About the company
Our client is a well-known not-for-profit creating an impact worldwide.
About the role
There are two positions, one permanent role and one 15 month fixed-term-contract position. The office is based close to the CBD and they provide a very high level of flexibility and working from home opportunity.
The role works in the FP&A team reporting into the Senior Finance Analyst, the Finance Analyst will be responsible for supporting the delivery of financial management reports, insights and improvements. To be successful in the role, you will need to develop strong working relationships with stakeholders across Australia and internationally to maximise their joint impact outcomes. Your skills across reporting, analysis and business partnering are key and a track record of developing strong stakeholder relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds will be advantageous. The role is equal parts technical and equally about the business partnering element. A perfect role and stepping stone to becoming a finance business partner or senior financial analyst.
Your key responsibilities:
- Support the FP&A team in delivering the financial information needs of stakeholders - these include support for processes such as business case development, contract and funding proposal reviews, acquittal reviews, cost recovery, financial analysis, and end of year allocations
- Preparation of monthly financial reports with variance analysis and commentary
- Support financial management with comprehensive project reporting and aquittals
- Manage the delivery of complex reconciliations
- Support the delivery and review budget and forecasts
- Identify and contribute to opportunities for improvement of processes, procedures, and systems
- Contribute to effective financial management and controls through the development and implementation of sound risk management and governance practices in Australia and country offices
- Support external audit processes and review financial reports/acquittals of field offices and partners ensuring findings and recommendations are actioned
- Contribute to financial policy and procedure including the ongoing review of country office finance manuals
- Support the delivery of financial awareness and capacity training of non-finance staff in Australia and finance staff in field offices
- Appropriate qualification in accounting or a related discipline, preferably supported by membership of a CA or CPA qualification
- Excellent computer literacy and high competency with Microsoft Excel
- SAP Experience with working knowledge of MYOB and BI tools, desirable but not necessary
- Ability to explain complex finance issues to non-finance people
- Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, accepts responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments
- Customer service focus with proactive approach to resolving stakeholder issues independently and with punctuality
- Displays original thinking and creativity, meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggestions for improving work develops innovative approaches and ideas
How to apply
Please click the apply now button.