Our client is part of a multinational consumer company listed on the US stock exchange with a strong US presence and footprint in various regional markets. In Australia, the company is approximately $33M in revenue and continues to sell leading consumer products whilst also leveraging their reputable global brands, delivering innovation that meets the needs of the consumer and trade.
About the Role
Reporting to the CFO, you will be a key finance business partner to the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the month end process and prepare monthly management reports and commentary
- Provide meaningful insights to stakeholders to help them better manage profitability within their divisions
- Planning, preparation and completion of all statutory reporting requirements including ½ year reporting, annual year end reporting and tax returns
- Prepare weekly cash flow statements, and control expenditure and cash flow
- Assist with budgeting and planning processes and cycles
- Identify operational improvements and opportunities for cost savings
- Ensure on-going compliance with IFRS accounting standards and recommend appropriate procedures and controls within the organisation
- Create a true business partner relationship with stakeholders, providing sound analysis and advice in order to optimise company performance
Skills + Experience
- CPA or CA qualified
- Strong understanding of international accounting standards
- Commercial - can translate finance and accounting information into sound commercial advice
- Lead the month end and year end processes
- Highly motivated, well organised and a proactive approach - demonstrating good business partnering skills
- Experienced gained in an import, distribution or manufacturing environment
- SAP experience would be advantageous
- Work as a member of a team to meet common goals with tight deadlines and in pressure situations
You are the type of person who is technically strong in accounting, but also commercial and curious which will drive you to investigate what is behind the numbers. You will have the ability to manage situations that are ambiguous and take on new challenges with the CFO's mentorship. Strong communication and attention to detail are also imperative.