Our client creates innovative, leading edge SaaS business, providing an exceptional graphics and technologies to clients in the gaming and flight simulation sector where geospatial graphics provide the ultimate in user experience. With unique technologies that add realism and immersion for its users, the company's aim is to push boundaries and provide additional functionality with almost every new product release. It has had global success and new investment coming from Private Equity, it intends to scale at pace and seeks a highly commercial Finance Director to help take them there, with potential IPO on the horizon.
Reporting to the CEO, the Finance Director will have primary day-to-day responsibility for leading, planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial related activities of the company. This person will be responsible for establishing a robust function, becoming a key contributor to the executive leadership team. Role responsibilities include:
- Planning: establishment of best practice accounting policies and procedures, drive and implement a robust business planning framework
- Financial information: Prepare and disseminate financial reports, analysis and commentary to the business.
- Reporting: assist with organisational planning and commercial decision making by providing appropriate, timely and insightful financial information
- Business Support: work with the leadership team, to analyse operational performance and identify opportunities for improvement, cost reduction and systems enhancement
- Treasury & working capital management - in particular managing cash flow and currency risks
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in senior financial roles in the software or technology industry and a passion for the sector
- International business exposure, dealing with multi-currency and a variety of tax systems
- CA/CPA qualification
- A deep desire to make a difference, leading by example and working through influence as well as getting into the details and doing what is required
- Capacity to work in a distributed team environment, where office hours follow the sun
- An excellent grasp of financial reporting, for management, Board and investors
- A strategic mindset, backed with impeccable execution
- The capacity to be flexible, but firm on principles and with a very strong work ethic