Our client is a prestige player in the architecture, design and development sector. With a strong brand and commitment to excellence, this role represents an exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager to partner with the owner and senior managers in the next phase of growth.
Reporting to the CEO, the Finance Manager will have primary day-to-day responsibility for controlling all financial related activities of the company. Key responsibilities include:
- Financial information: establish best practice accounting policies and procedures, implement a robust budgeting, forecasting and planning framework
- Month-end close: Complete all month end activities, prepare financial reports, BAS statements and tax compliance
- Reporting: Prepare and disseminate monthly management reports, cashflow analysis and commentary to the business.
- Project Accounting: Monitor the progress of various projects, analyse/investigate variances to budget and provide decision support to management
- Decision Support: work with the leadership team, to anaylse project performance and identify opportunities for improvement, cost reduction and systems enhancement/automation
To be successful, you will be a CPA or CA, with experience in a senior finance business partner role, preferably in a SME business, working with entrepreneurs seeking to scale. Ideally, your sector experience will include project-based accounting, coming from architecture, construction, design, engineering services etc.
You will have a growth mindset and vision but will also be happy to get your hands dirty through involvement in all aspects of the finance function and family office. You will be excited by the prospect of working for a business committed to excellence. If this is you, please press the Apply button; we'd love to hear from you.