- Based in Richmond with WFH flexibility
- Permanent full-time opportunity with growth potential within the role
- Accounting role with CA/CPA qual and exposure to retail industry advantageous
Looking for a Financial Accountant who is CA/CPA qualified, with broad accounting skills who is looking to upskill in management accounting.
About the company
Our client is an Australian wholesale distributor with large retail clients across the country. With an outstanding portfolio of global brands that resonate with a broad range of consumers, their aspirational & premium brands provide them with a strong competitive position. The business drives a creative and entrepreneurial culture, with a relaxed, laid-back and fun office environment. As a result of an internal move, there is now an opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join the business in Melbourne.
About the role
This full-time permanent role is based in Richmond. The role reports into the Finance Manager and is responsible for managing the accounting function including financial reporting - sales and margin analysis, profit and loss, profitability, accruals as well as management of AR, AP, reconciliation, and remittances.
This is a hands-on financial accountant role wihtin an SME that has the potential for growth in areas of management accounting including preparation of month end and year end accounts.
Skills and experience
- Accounting qualifications CPA /CA required with at least on the job 3 years' experience
- Exposure to MYOB desirable but not required
- Experience in retail industry advantageous
- An eye for detail, solid problem-solving skills and consistent quality of work
- Great time management and efficient working practices
- A self starter that can work independently
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products with exceptional Excel skills
- Ability to 'think outside the box' when problem solving