Our client is part of a multinational consumer company listed on the US stock exchange with a strong US presence and footprint in various regional markets. In Australia, the company is approximately $33M in revenue and continues to sell leading consumer products whilst also leveraging their reputable global brands, delivering innovation that meets the needs of the consumer and trade.
About the Role
Reporting to the CFO, your primary responsibilities will be managing all matters relating to financial accounting:
This will include:
- Planning, preparation and completion of all statutory reporting requirements including ½ year reporting, annual year end reporting and tax returns
- Manage the month end process and prepare monthly management reports and commentary
- Preparing weekly cash flow statements, and controlling expenditure and cash flow
- Assist with budgeting and planning processes and cycles
- Ensure on-going compliance with IFRS accounting standards and recommend appropriate procedures and controls within the organisation
- Create a true business partner relationship with stakeholders, providing sound analysis and advice in order to optimise company performance
Skills + Experience
- CPA or CA qualified
- Strong understanding of international accounting standards
- Commercial - understands technical accounting and has strong attention to detail, but can translate that back into sound commercial advice
- Experienced at leading the month end and year end processes
- Highly motivated, well organised and a proactive approach - demonstrating good business partnering skills
- Experienced gained in an import, distribution or manufacturing environment
- SAP and NYSE experience would be advantageous
- Work as a member of a team to meet common goals with tight deadlines and in pressure situations
You are the type of person who is technically strong in accounting, but also commercial and curious which will drive you to investigate what is behind the numbers. While the main emphasis is on managing the financial accounting and compliance related matters, there will be opportunities to business partner in the way of analysis and being a key member of the budgeting and planning process. You will have the ability to manage situations that are ambiguous and take on new challenges with the CFO's mentorship. Strong communication and attention to detail are also imperative.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please click on the APPLY button. If this role doesn't sound quite right for you but you are open to hearing about new opportunities in finance and accounting feel free to get in touch or jump on to the website and sign up for our job alerts!