About the company
Our client is a family owned, Australian FMCG business producing high quality, locally produced food product, including branded, private label and for foodservice channels. The company prides themselves on their investment and commitment towards innovation and quality product as well as their ability to be agile and nimble in their way of working. Due to continued growth, there is now an opportunity to join the business in this newly created role.
About the role
Reporting to the GM of Marketing, the Brand Manager will work across four key brands selling into both grocery and food service channels, in a varied and dynamic role. You will be responsible for is responsible for driving sales through development and execution of strong marketing plans and promotional activities for your brands, with a focus on digital and instore activations. The role will also be strongly commercially and analytically led, seeing you working with Sales and NPD teams to develop NPD for your brands and develop appropriate range and channel mix.
Please note: The business are flexible in ways of working therefore a part time (3 or 4 days / school hours) are available for this role, however they do not currently have a Melbourne based office, so this would be a work from home role, with travel to the regionally based manufacturing facility required fortnightly, therefore a valid driving licence and vehicle will be required for this role.
- Support the development of pricing and work with retailers to develop strong price promotions, making recommendations on frequency and depth
- Develop integrated product and brand marketing campaigns, marketing collateral, POS and packaging
- Develop retailer presentations and category review documents
- Conduct market and competitor analysis to identify opportunities for NPD and work alongside the internal NPD team to develop new branded product opportunities
- Manage the development of social / digital content creation and identify and develop partnerships with influencers and content creators
- Manage trade shows, events, instore activations, sampling and sponsorship
- Manage marketing spend for all four brands
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in relevant space eg. Marketing
- Prior experience operating at a Brand Manager level within the FMCG space, ideally working with short shelf life food or beverages
- Experience with leading online / offline campaigns and collateral development with a solid understanding of how to best leverage digital channels
- Product development and management experience and understanding of the stage gate process
- Exceptional stakeholder management, communication and influencing skill
- Experience working with and interpreting IRI / Nielsen data
This role will be suit a candidate who is self-motivated and comfortable working within an autonomous, dynamic and hands on role. You will have well-developed stakeholder management and influence skills and will enjoy working collaboratively in a cross functional, SME style environment environment.
You will be analytically and commercially minded in your approach, consider yourself to be a strong and creative problem solver with well-developed stakeholder management skills. You will pride yourself on your exceptional planning, organisational and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button. If this role doesn't sound quite right for you but you are open to hearing about new opportunities in Marketing, Retail or Digital jump on to the website and sign up for our job alerts!