About the company
Our client is an iconic FMCG business who are one of Australia's largest manufacturers, proudly producing award winning products for over a century for both the retail and food service markets. Despite growing to become a market leading brand, they remain proud of their strong Australian heritage, focus on quality and family-values driven culture. Due to a maternity leave cover, the business is looking for a Category Manager to join their team for a 12 month contract period.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Category, the Category Manager will be responsible for leveraging shopper, consumer and category insights to develop the category strategy across the business' retail portfolio to ensure the business are able to drive category grown and maintain their marketing leading position. You will act as the conduit between Sales and Marketing and work closely with retail partners, delivering the category strategy during range reviews with Coles / WW.
Please note: Four day a week option is available the right candidate, but candidates must be available for an ASAP start and for the duration of the contract period.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in relevant field e.g. Business or Commerce
- Prior Category Management or Category Development experience within FMCG / Consumer Goods
- Strong understanding of sales and marketing within FMCG / Consumer Goods
- Experience in being retailer facing within grocery channel (Coles / WW / Independents)
- Well developed analytical skills and extensive experience working with Aztec / IRI or Nielsen
- Exceptional stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Exceptional communication skills and stakeholder engagement skills
You will be a strategically minded and consumer centric individual with a proactive nature, initiative and strong problem solving skills with a passion for driving change.
You will be a natural leader, who is comfortable working autonomously as well as within a collaborative and cross functional team environment. You will pride yourself on your ability to build strong working relationships, negotiate with and influence internal and external stakeholders.
People love working at this business due to the fantastic work culture as well as being proud of the brand and the collaborative team environment which fosters open, two-way communication and personal development.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Natalie Rogers on (03) 8613 3577 for a confidential discussion. If this role doesn't sound quite right for you but you are open to hearing about new opportunities in Marketing, Sales or Category feel free to get in touch or jump on to the website and sign up for our job alerts!