About the company
As part of a multi-billion dollar global organisation, our client is a market leader in the development, production, supply and application of food ingredients to the food industry throughout Asia-Pacific. With a Regional Head Office in Melbourne, yet diverse and extensive customer base in the region, they have established a reputation for excellence and innovation across multiple food categories. In line with a global restructure and the localised growth strategy, this organisation is now looking to secure an experienced Technical Lead to oversee its Asia Pacific Division.
About the role
Working closely with the customer and the internal R&D function, the Technical Applications Specialist is responsible for delivering projects in line with customer specifications, industry trends and new food application technologies. Reporting to the Asia Pacific Technical Lead, you will develop new product applications for ingredients across established and growth markets, conducting functional and sensory testing of new and existing products to provide solutions for customers. Drawing on extensive local and international technical resources, your role will be to support the customer through trouble shooting and problem solving, ensuring the timely delivery of projects to market. The role will involve regular travel to customer sites spanning across the Asia Pacific region.
Skills & Experience
Ideally degree qualified in food Science, food technology or an engineering discipline; you will have extensive experience in food manufacturing plants most likely in the dairy, bakery, meat or other food ingredients sectors. Your expertise will include
- Knowledge of formulations, food ingredients and their functions, as well as an excellent grasp of food processing equipment and its capability.
- Skills in food testing techniques for both functional and sensory properties.
- Strong communication, problem solving and project management skills will be critical to your success
- Experience liaising with customers and multiple internal functions such as sales, marketing and R&D.
- Previous meat experience is highly desirable, either hands on or from a machinery perspective
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Tim Barraclough on (03) 8613 3517 for a confidential discussion quoting reference number TB16987
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.