About SANE Australia
SANE Australia is the leading organisation making a real difference for the five million people affected by complex mental health issues nationally.
Australians affected by complex mental health issues - such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, complex trauma, and severe depression and anxiety - experience major barriers in accessing quality, affordable support, and face high levels of stigma and discrimination.
SANE is committed to changing this reality through its digital and phone counselling, peer support services, arts programming and services, and advocacy and research programs.
This is an exciting time to join SANE, as it embarks on its biggest growth and transformation in 35 years under a new CEO and leadership team.
Staff at SANE Australia benefit from generous not-for-profit salary packaging options, flexible work arrangement and an additional paid Reflection Leave per year after completing 12 months of service.
- First point of contact for all in-bound fundraising and philanthropy enquiries, including management of the Team SANE inbox and 'real time' triage of in-bound communication across the Fundraising team.
- Responsible for timely and accurate processing of all online and offline donation transactions, including tax receipts and donor correspondence.
- Maintain up-to-date donor care procedures and workflows, including continuous improvement and mapping of key processes.
- Monitor recurring donor transactions for expired banking details or failed credit card payments etc, and conduct follow up to retain and renew donations.
- Monitor the donation webform and online payment gateway for any issues and trouble shoot with support of the Accounts Manager or IT Manager.
- Maintain a logical filing structure and archiving of the Team SANE inbox and donor care files on the Cloud (BOX).
- Coordination of SANE bi-annual fundraising appeals, including project scoping, copy development, lived experience and staff engagement, receipting and stewardship.
- Support the Philanthropy Manager in maintaining the register of Peer to Peer & Community Fundraising enquiries and agreements.
- Provide training and support for other SANE team members involved with donor care procedures, as required.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate fundraising appeals with responsibilities not limited to overall project management, lived experience and staff engagement, budget management, copywriting, web content, production and distribution of campaign collateral and reporting and evaluation
- Experience in support or administrative role within any fundraising team and/or similar industry
- Demonstrated experience using Salesforce CRM database to support fundraising activity
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships and professionally respond to queries from supporters and the general public
- Demonstrated ability to be a motivated self-starter, with a positive 'can do' attitude
Qualification and Experience;
- Experienced in donor management, managing CRM systems, reporting and analysis of data, writing for donor audiences, and understanding of best practice fundraising across mass fundraising channels (community fundraising, peer to peer and workplace giving)
- An ongoing commitment to professional development particularly in respect to areas of fundraising and philanthropy
- Demonstrated ability to work with a range of stakeholders including donors, service users and other external stakeholders
- Be customer focused, and have a positive attitude!
Please click the Apply Now button.
SANE Australia welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates. We are committed to developing and supporting a workforce that is well-equipped and motivated to make a real difference in the lives of people affected by complex mental health issues.
We strive to have a rich, diverse workforce. We encourage applications from people with lived experience of mental health issues, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from CALD and LGBTQIA+ communities, and people of all ages.
We believe in building an inclusive workforce that sees human difference as a strength and supports our vision for all Australians affected by mental health issues to lead long and fulfilling lives, free from stigma and discrimination.