Our client is a privately owned Australian business that has been around for over a decade. They are an entrepreneurial business that have invested in owning their own end to end supply chain so they can control their expansion strategy and product portfolio. After this significant investment they are now on the cusp of substantial growth and therefore looking to appoint a GM Australia to drive this. They currently generate around $15 million purely through inbound activity and a great marketing strategy, however are looking to shift this to include an outbound sales force and grow wholesale accounts. With a large pipeline of new product development about to hit the market, this is an exciting time for a financially secure business within a growth sector to really capitalise on the investment over the past decade.
About the role
The role will report through to the MD and owner of the business and will require someone capable of implementing the right structure and process to enable a business to scale and grow. It will also require someone with the ability to be hands on in the people and change management side of the role. Your role will see you:
- Developing the localised strategy for profitable growth, this will be through both organic growth in existing markets as well as opening branches in new markets
- Develop the Sales and Operations strategy for Australia (manufacturing run out of Asia), including the management of several workshops where installation of product is conducted.
- Assist with the organisational redesign that aligns to the business Sales and Operations strategy. Hands on involvement with people change including processes to assist with this
- Leadership of the existing team to upskill them and unlock capability that enable the business to thrive
- Leadership of the Australian division, pull all levers within the business to maximise sales, margin and profit
- Build and inspire a sales force who are, and will be geographically spread across Australia
- Support and guide your team to map out the Australian landscape in terms of right customer base and how they will penetrate new markets
- Develop and manage sales and operations processes across the business, ensuring the role out of these are easily measured and followed
- Create a growth mindset and high performance culture within the business, empowering your team to really own and drive their own strategy.
Skills & experience
You will bring previous GM or Sales and Operations leadership experience of a mid-size organisation and ideally privately owned. You will have a demonstrated track record of growth and change management within automotive or B2B markets that service the trade industry. You will have a passion for outdoor, 4WDing, trucks or camping and understand both the retail and wholesale markets. It will be absolutely critical for you to have strong process improvement in a smaller scale operation as well as sales leadership with a demonstrated track record of growing revenue across multiple channels. You will also bring to the table high level operational and financial capability having driven profit improvement through a business whilst maintaining strong customer service levels. You will be a strong leader who has genuine care for your people and can inspire high performance. You will be hands on with your team making sure that they come along for the journey, whilst still being able to develop strategy that is easily translated into the day to day operations. You will have strong background in people management and understand the HR side of leading teams to help support the business as they scale.
How to apply
Sound like you? Hit APPLY NOW, or call Kristan De Sousa on 07 3153 9902 for a confidential discussion.